SAN ANTONIO (December 23, 2019) – Solid Waste Management Department customers are invited to turn their live Christmas trees into mulch after the holiday season. On January 4 & 5 and 11 & 12, 2020, customers can drop off their real trees at 1 of 9 drop off locations listed below from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Rusty Lyons Sports Center - 6300
- Bitters Brush - 1800 Wurzbach
- Southeast District Center - 1318 SE Loop
- Southside Drop-Off Center - 5450
Castroville Road, 78227
- Northeast District Center - 10303 Tool
- Northwest District Center – 6939 W Loop 1604 N, 78254
- Nelson Gardens - 8963 Nelson Road, 78252
- Eisenhower Park - 19399 NW Military Highway, 78257
- Stone Oak Park - 20395 Stone Oak Parkway, 78258
Customers can also compost their real Christmas trees by placing them in their green organics carts and setting them out on their normal collection date. Larger trees may require trimming to fit loosely in the cart with the lid closed. Some helpful hints when preparing trees to be mulched: If the tree is over 6 ft. tall cut it in half. Remove all lights, decorations and stands, even wooden ones. Do not bag trees. No live wreaths, garlands or plants will be accepted. Additionally, the Bitters Brush and Nelson Gardens locations are open every day from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. and will accept trees the entire month of January. Approximately one to two weeks after each of these events, Christmas tree mulch will be available at the Bitters Brush and Nelson Gardens locations for FREE while supplies last.
For more information on SWMD services, visit:
Sarecycles.org or follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/SWMD.