Rally for Relocation of Racist Statue-One Wrong Arrest

August 16, 2017


The Rally to relocate the Confederate Statue in Travis Park went over well as hundreds converged on the park in downtown San Antonio to demand that the City Council relocate the statue. There was one wrong arrest that should never have happened as will be explained. In attendance, on the other side of the park was a cutthroat band of confederate sympathizers whose ranks were filled with closet KKK members, Nazis, who were hiding under the banner of the Texas Freedom Force. Almost all of the “rebels” were not San Antonio residents, but outside agitators from as far away as Phoenix, Arizona. They marched aroundwith the racist flags of the confederacy and even tried to disrupt the peaceful non-violent rally called by many different groups and spear- headed by the SATX4 organization of Black Lives Matter activists. 


There were many other groups present including veterans of the Civil Rights Movement-SNCC and the Langston Hughes Afro-American Theatre group. Members of the NAACP also attended. Church members from Travis Park Methodist Church supported the Rally as well as members of the First Unitarian Church. The Neighborhoods First Alliance was also in support and turned out their members as did the DSA group and the San Antonio Chapter for Justice in Palestine. The Cesar Chavez Foundation and the Brown Berets were also in support as well at the Texas Indigenous Council. A group called CASA and the MOVE organization supported the movement as did the Peace Initiative. Members of organized labor and others too numerous to mention here also supported the rally. 


Precinct 4 County Commissioner, Tommy Calver Jr. spoke about the real reasons for the Civil War, that being slavery and white supremacy, as written by the slave owners themselves in their Texas Articles of Secession. The sheets have been pulled off of these historical fakers who make the bogus claim that the Civil War was not about slavery. The rally also received support from State Representative Diego Bernal and word soon spread that other city council members were coming on board. An update on the young man arrested and the support given to the movement to relocate this horrid statue will be coming in the weeks ahead. These racists are on a rampage as one of their supporters was arrested for murder in Virginia. They will not succeed in reaching their goals and their racist monuments will come down.




The only one arrest came as a young man was only trying to prevent the racists from coming over to our side of the park after the SAPD had set up barriers. However, the racist extremists kept coming over to our side under the false pretense of a claim that the park belonged to them-WRONG. The park belongs to the citizens of San Antonio. The peaceful protesters preventedthe extremists from doing that, and each and every time they tried to disrupt our efforts they failed as young people defended us from these whackos. After a time, the police finally prevented them from coming over to our side. We did not go over to their side at all, but these extremists thought they could intimate us by coming with open-carry weapons. At press time we are looking at ways to testify before the court that the charges against the young man arrested should be dropped. This was the only bad spot in the entire event and the police should have arrested the racists that kept coming over to the peaceful side of the park with their racist confederate flags.


They failed miserably, as the people of today will not be intimated by any show of harassment by white supremacists terrorists. The people of America will not be scared and their favorite president, Donald Trump, will not deter the struggle against racism and fascism. According to researcher Edward Sebesta, "Every Confederate monument proclaims that African-American lives, their suffering, and the crimes committed against them really don't matter. For if African-American lives mattered these monuments would be gone.” Sebesta also uncovered this about Robert E, Lee, “Robert E. Lee so elaborately honored … was a harsh slave master. Wesley Norris, who suffered the misfortune of being owned by Lee, recounted that he endured a beating after he attempted to escape in 1859. When Norris was captured, Lee said he would teach Norris "a lesson he would never forget." Norris offered the following account of what happened next: ‘He then ordered us to the barn, where, in his presence, we were tied firmly to posts . . . our overseer, who was ordered by Gen. Lee to strip us to the waist and give us fifty lashes each, . . a county constable, was called in, who gave us the number of lashes ordered; Gen. Lee, in the meantime, stood by, and frequently enjoined Williams to lay it on well, an injunction which he did not fail to heed; not satisfied with simply lacerating our naked flesh, Gen. Lee then ordered the overseer to thoroughly wash our backs with brine [burning salt], which was done."’



Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

Our Clients

Web Design by JTARA

 2019 Publishing Company

© 2023 by "This Just In". Proudly created with Wix.com