Speaking Points- SMWVBO Conference
Main message: (Top 3 Speaking Points)
1. The Contracting Conference provides new and existing small business owners an opportunity to meet with government and private entities that have billions of dollars in contracting opportunities for small businesses.
2. The conference also gives government and private procurement officers an opportunity to better understand the availability and ability of local small businesses.
3. Business owners can attend sessions to learn about various certifications and resources. The Veterans’ resource center will provide access to community organizations that can assist with housing, mental health, finance, benefits, employment and more.
2. Questions & Answers:
• Q1: Who should attend the conference?
• A1: Small business owners who want to build their capacity to do business with the public and private sectors; small business owners who need financial or technical assistance; someone who wants to start a business; people who would like to network with other business owners, private and public sector staff and leaders.
• Q2: What is the focus of this year’s conference?
• A2: The conference will continue to highlight the use of technology to grow business. We will focus on the leadership needed to grow a business, operating in a smart and secure environment, and continue the tradition of providing briefings on local, state and federal resources for small, women, Veteran and minority owned businesses.
• Q3: What business and government agencies will be there for business owners to meet?
• A3: Local government buyers - Bexar County, City of San Antonio, University Health System, State agencies and universities, the Department of Transportation and the Department of Defense will be there. Private corporations to include Microsoft, HEB and general contractors looking for local subcontractors for public contracts are signed up to meet with small business owners.Sundt/Davila will be there looking for firms to help with the transformation of downtown thru the San Pedro Creek Project.
• Q4: What should attendees expect to get out of the conference?
• A4: Business owners should come prepared to meet procurement and contracting staff with local, state and federal agencies and network with hundreds of other small business owners. They will have the opportunity to attend workshops for those just starting their businesses, and meet exhibitors who want to make contact with small businesses for current and future contracting or procurement needs.
• Website: www. Bexar.org/smwbe
• Phone Number: 210-335-2478
• Address: Freeman Expo Hall, 3201 E. Houston S.
• Event Information: 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. December 5, 2018